SAP HANA is an in-memory, column-oriented, relational database management system (RDBMS) that combines database, application processing, and integration services on a single platform. The same architecture also provides libraries for predictive, planning, text processing, spatial and business analytics.
SAP HANA has been designed to simplify IT environments by providing Business Intelligence (BI) and allowing real-time response. The critical decision can be made on the go as information is available for one’s business data and processes.
Business Value of using the SAP HANA Platform
Solutions powered by the SAP HANA platform support real-time operations for effective decisions leading to positive results.
- SAP HANA tool allows capturing real-time in-memory analytics and data processing. This provides a wealth of required information on the go
- Identify the opportunities and create contingencies with access to large data volumes. Raw data and information in the form of numbers, text, and spatial data can help a business immensely
- Perhaps the most important task for a DBA, SAP data management allows real time availability of reliable data in conjunction by capturing and integrating relevant information
- Data warehousing is streamlined to provide users and DBAs the ability to locate and find required information instantly. This also allows for fast and accurate analytics to find and uncover trends.
Features of SAP HANA for Business Users
- Provides a transactional and ACID compliant relational database for cost-effective and efficient data management
- Has powerful processing capabilities through relational, text, and calculation engines helps unlock the true potential of big data
- Combines an application server, a web server, and the development environment negating the need for third party tools and services
- All sources of data can be seamlessly integrated with SAP HANA to provide thorough analysis of information
- Designed for rapid development and even allows reusable code in its application development environment
- Has full DAM support for complete network and data security
- Has data center readiness capabilities which is SAP HANA’s implementation of a quality threshold monitor. It ensures all its applications work seamlessly
SAP HANA has a versatile deployment structure that suits the needs of businesses and applications of all sizes and scope. Cloud deployment is done in the form of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) with options for managed private cloud environments. Traditional on premise deployment is also available for the fast implementation or as customized offerings.