Our FAQ contains the most frequently asked questions relating to DBHawk, licensing and pricing.
If you would like to talk to us directly, please contact us.
- Can I try before I buy?Yes, we provide free trial and live online demo with sample databases. We can also create a DBHawk instance on the cloud such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- How do I buy DBHawk?Please contact Datasparc for purchase information.
- What is the License Term?DBHawk can be purchased with an annual license term. Annual License will allow customers to use the DBHawk for one year and entitle a customer to download updates to the software and to receive technical support and maintenance. Our license model is named user/year.
- Do we have to pay to view Charts/Dashboard/Snippet created with DBHawk?No, you do not have to pay to view Charts/Dashboard/Snippets created with DBHawk.
- How secure is DBHawk?DBHawk is as secure as your current applications. Most of our customer use DBHawk to get and give secure access to their data. DBHawk works with your current security measures such as SSL and firewalls. It is developed using advanced web-based technologies. DBHawk uses AES-256 encryption to store all DBHawk related data. All internal DBHawk data are encrypted with customer’s own encryption key and salt mechanism. DBHawk provides secured login with 2-factor authentication. DBHawk supports LDAP integration and SSO. DBHawk runs on the server and hence it provides central security and database activities monitoring.
DBHawk can be deployed on on-premise or hosted on the cloud. Customers do not require to open up a firewall or share any data with us. A customer has total control over their data.
- Can DBHawk help us to achieve various regulation compliance for our data?Absolutely, DBHawk runs on the server and provides central security. All database activities are logged, all SQL queries are logged. DBHawk access control provides extra security for database objects access. Customers can use DBHawk to achieve HIPAA, SOX or other data related compliance.
- Our databases are hosted in the cloud, can we use DBHawk with cloud databases such as AWS RDS, Redshift, Azure, etc?Yes, you can install DBHawk on the cloud machine and connect to your databases. Using DBHawk, you can connect to your databases within your VPN.
- Can we export and import data on AWS S3?Yes, you can configure DBHawk to export and import data on AWS S3.
- Can we integrate DBHawk with our application as an ad-hoc BI tool?Yes, DBHawk provides various API and SSO for easy integration with other applications. Some of our customers use DBHawk to integrate with their offerings. It adds value to their offering and provides secure access to their customer’s data to customers.
- Are you offering DBHawk as a SAAS solution?Not yet, but we are planning to offer as SAAS solution in near future.
- Do I have to install any database Client or get any Plug-in on my machine?No, you don’t need to install any database Client or any plug-in to run the software. You just need a modern web browser!
- What operating systems it runs on?DBHawk is developed using Java-based web technologies, so it will run on the platform where java can run. Supported platforms are Windows, Linux & MacOS.
- What Java Version is requiredCurrent DBHawk requires Java 8 or higher.
- What Web Server is requiredDBHawk is supported with Tomcat Server.
- What are the supported databases?DBHawk is supported with Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Azure SQL, Amazon Redshift, Greenplum, Netezza, Teradata, SAP-Hana, MariaDB, MongoDB, Hadoop, Amazon Athena (S3), and Cassandra.
Access to Vertica, Salesforce, and Google BigQuery is on our product roadmap and will be available soon.
- How difficult it is to install?It is very easy to install. The complete installation process takes less than 20 minutes.
- Can I view data Charts, Dashboards, etc on my tablet or on a mobile device?Yes, DBHawk supports responsive design and all our charts/dashboards look awesome on the mobile devices.
- Can I schedule various jobs such as import data, export data, reports etc?Yes, DBHawk is designed to make automation a breeze. We believe a user should not spend time doing repetitive tasks. You can schedule various jobs and receive results by email or save on the disk.
- Can we import/export data to Microsoft Excel?Yes, DBHawk support import-export data with Microsoft Excel and also with CSV formats.
- What about customization?DBHawk can be customized according to your needs. It is designed and developed such a way that customization is very easy to achieve within a short duration.