4) Save the file.
This section contains the features and various tutorials to show how to do various database tasks with DBHawk
Export data from sql server
Ever need to get your data from a SQL query, a table, or a view into an Excel file? If you work with databases then you surely have. One of the many useful features of DBHawk allows you to export to Excel file in a few simple steps. No need to copy data from the results grid into an empty Excle spreadsheet. Use the DBHawk user interface to create an Excel file with the data.
There are two different areas of functionality within the DBHawk interface that can be used to export. The export procedure is identical in both.
1. Export from the DBHawk Table Data grid (Figure 1).
2. Export from the DBHawk SQL Editor Result Data grid (Figure 2).
Figure 1: Table Data Grid view
Figure 2: SQL Editor Result Data Grid view
Procedure for exporting database data to an Excel:
1) Locate the ‘Export’ drop down menu above the grid, and expand (figure 3). Click the ‘Export XLSX’ menu item.
There will be an ‘Export’ drop down menu and an ‘Export All Rows checkbox. Use the drop down menu to select the type of file to be exported to. Enable the ‘Export All Rows’ checkbox to bypass the maximumRecords setting, if needed.
Figure 3: Expanded Export drop down menu
2) If the number of rows to be exported exceeds the value of the configured ‘maximumRecords’ setting (figure 4), then enable the ‘Export All Rows’ checkbox.
Figure 4: maximumRecords setting (Administrator DBHawk Settings)
3) When the ‘Export Xlsx Settings’ dialog box appears, enter how NULL values should be represented in the spreadsheet. Click the ‘Export’ button.
Figure 4: NULL value setting