Building and managing a collaborative database for information access, analysis and sharing are critical to the success of a business organization. It is also a known fact, however, that the more the number of stakeholders involved in using a database, the more vulnerable it becomes to threats, loss, mistakes, and redundancies. Maintaining database integrity is therefore paramount in order to secure the most important asset that a business has at its disposal – information. Modern database security solutions allow managers to protect and audit critical data while ensuring that the right people have access to the right information at the right time for smooth business decision making. This blog post will give you some key pointers to bear in mind when purchasing database security solutions:
- Make sure that the database security selection you select is capable of performing splendidly in heterogeneous database environments including Oracle, SQL Server, Netezza, MySQL, SAP HANA, PostgreSQL, Teradata, and other popular options.
- Advanced database monitoring through secured logging of user activity is a very important feature to look for. It allows database admins to know who did what in a collaborative database environment. This is genuinely helpful in case a redundancy or discrepancy arises in the data and its root needs to be unearthed.
- Try and select a security solution that offers one centralized repository of user logs from all types of databases to ensure efficient handling and easy monitoring of activities.
- Secure SSL connections should be a critical criteria in your search to avoid threats generating from web based sources.
- The option of read-only and read-write connection set up is a must. It allows users to define access rules and ensure that only authorized users are able to make changes in core database field and stored information.
- Support for multiple authentication options is also required from a database security solution.
Following these tips will help you find the most reliable and effective database security solution for protecting and auditing the critical data in your database servers.