5 Features of Using MongoDB Tools
MongoDB is a document based NoSQL database that offers unparalleled flexibility and cost effectiveness for developers and organizations of all sizes from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises. It is a completely free, open source platform that can be used by anyone. MongoDB also offers a wide selection of commercial products and services to make life simpler for their customers and users. In addition, the open source MongoDB client itself ships with a number of Command Line Interface (CLI) tools that fulfill a variety of purposes.
The primary goal of all the free or commercial products is the same. They make life easier. Depending on the type of user, each tool has a different purpose and scope. Their design principle reflects certain features across a range of tools. These features include:
- Easier Management: Most of the tools are geared towards management of the database and its various aspects. Whether you need to manage a MongoDB on the cloud or manage its deployment at a mission critical data center, these tools will make it easy and seamless.
- Help in Development: Support for development, particularly at the early stages of a project is critical. Even for advanced and experienced developers, the ability to get things running quickly is important. While coders get access to a wide variety of tools for the CLI, architects and DBA’s can accelerate production speed.
- Range of Support Services: MongoDB offers commercial support services from experts for various client requirements and solutions. They can help you with issues or with guidance. Apart from that, MongoDB’s open source documentation and community support is available to everyone. The CLI tools for detecting and removing errors and bugs is critical for developers.
- Database Monitoring: Apart from DAM, database monitoring during project development is crucial. Even after deployment, proper maintenance requires non-DAM based monitoring tools for various purposes. MongoDB’s monitoring and related tools fill this need.
- Analytical Reports: MongoDB ships with a number of tools to generate reports and analyze data and information. There are a number of commercial packages also available for this purpose.
MongoDB’s rising popularity is in large part to the advantages provided by both its open source and commercial tools and services. In addition, the consulting and training services offered by MongoDB make it an obvious choice as a NoSQL database.