Are you looking for a powerful solution to managing your databases? MySQL GUI might be your best option. It is an open-source relational database management system (RDBMS) based around a Client-server model.
You can even use different MySQL GUI tools to take advantage of its features, allowing you to manage your MySQL databases visually without having to type in any commands manually. Here are some examples of the five best MySQL GUI tools:
- DBHawkDBHawk is an online MySQL client tool with an intuitive user interface, ad-hoc SQL reporting, and SQL dashboarding.As a MySQL developer, you can use DBHawk’s query builder to drag and drop database tables, build SQL queries, and schedule reports without compromising your security. On top of that, this client tool features numerous capabilities, including:
- Online database browsing
- Advanced database filters
- Online MySQL user and session management
- MySQL WorkbenchMySQL Workbench is one of the most popular MySQL GUI tools, compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux. This tool was created for designers, architects, developers, and administrators. In fact, users can monitor their MySQL health via intuitive dashboards and design database schema with ease.
- dbForge StudioAnother popular MySQL GUI client, dbForge Studio, allows users to create, develop, and manage databases easily. This tool has functions for automated database management, data analysis, and conversion of SQL queries into portable scripts.
- PHPMyAdminPHPMyAdmin is a well-known web-based MySQL client tool. Because it is free to use, it lacks some features you find in other tools. However, PHPMyAdmin is perfect for use in small to medium databases.
- HeidiSQLLike PHPMyAdmin, HeidiSQL is a free and straight forward MySQL GUI client. The tool is available for Windows and Linux, with features for creating database tables, managing users, automating tasks, and connecting databases via SSH tunneling.
There are many more MySQL GUI client tools available, either paid or free to use. When choosing one, it’s best to opt for the tool that meets all of your needs and has the features to support your database.